Aggressive Criminal Defense Representation in Tarrant County and the Greater Dallas – Fort Worth Area
Got an arrest warrant? Police harassing you? At-risk of being arrested? You need to understand bail bonds if you are at risk of going to jail. Bail bonds allow people who are arrested to be released from custody pending the resolution of their criminal charges. The bail bond criminal defense attorneys with The Law Office of David Sloane are here to secure your quick release from custody.
Code of Criminal Procedure Rules for Fixing the Amount of Bail
Pursuant to Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Article 17.15, the amount of bail is regulated by the court, judge, magistrate, or officer taking the bail, in accordance with the following rules:
- The amount of bail shall be sufficiently high enough to give a reasonable assurance that the undertaking shall be complied with.
- The requirement and amount of bail cannot be used as an instrument of oppression.
- The nature of the offense and the circumstances under which it was committed are to be considered.
- The ability to make bail is to be regarded, and proof may be taken upon this point.
- The future safety of the victim of the alleged offense and the community shall be considered.
Texas Case Law Rules for Fixing the Amount of Bail
In addition to the Article 17.15 considerations, other factors that may be taken into consideration include:
- The defendant’s work history;
- The defendant’s family and community ties;
- The defendant’s length of residency;
- The defendant’s prior criminal history;
- The defendant’s prior compliance with bond conditions;
- The defendant’s other outstanding bonds;
- Any aggravating factors in the charged offense; and
- The defendant’s ability to make bond.
Can the Court Require Bond Conditions?
The Court has the inherent authority to impose terms and conditions of bail reasonably related to the defendant’s presence at trial, the safety of the victim, and the safety of the community.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation with our Tarrant County Bail Bond Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you or a loved one are in danger of being arrested, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney to secure your release. No one wants to spend more time than necessary in jail. Contact us today to speak to our bail bond criminal defense attorneys to protect you!
Our Tarrant County Bail Bond Criminal Defense Lawyers have helped thousands of clients in Texas and throughout the greater Dallas – Fort Worth Area, such as:
- Tarrant County
- Dallas County
- Parker County
- Denton County
- Wise County
- Johnson County
- Hood County
- Ellis County
- Collin County
Contact us today at (817) 349-7118 for a FREE Consultation with the Tarrant County Bail Bond Criminal Defense Lawyers at The Law Offices of David Sloane!